cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Import CC 5.2 - Home Grown

Former Member
0 Kudos

My current client has defined an SOD Rule Set apart from the delivered rule set. Is there a way to import this file into CC 5.2? I'm aware that the delivered rule set must be generated after it is imported which may mean that a "home-grown" rule set may not be suitable for import. Any insight is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just need to build their custom rulset into the exact format as the standard text files they deliver. The best way to do this is to build this out in excel and then save as a CSV file. This method works perfectly. Its always good to add the custom rules to the default rules, allowing the ruleset to be scalable with additional functionality/t-codes which may be introduced at a later date. Of course, you will want to delete any rules not pertinant to your client's business, map custom transactions to functional groups, and tweak authorization configurations.

- James

Former Member
0 Kudos

The approach I took was to build an rule import file based off an export file. I was then able to upload their rules into a custom rule set. I chose to have a separate rule set in their Development environment for now. By doing so we can view which Risks are coming from which rule set.

Thanks to all for your insight and comments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Convert the custom ruleset into the same format as teh standard upload files and load them from there. You should have the standrad rulset upload files available to use a s a template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

how many custom rules do they have from the previous version? If its too many they may need to update their rule set from the configuration tab and have two rulesets, or they can modify the new ruleset and add there prior changes. In any case, it depends whether your client wants to have two seperate rulesets. I would suggest try to match the old rule set with anything that matches on the new one. Otherwise they may be replicating rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client has defined several pages of conflicting tcodes as well as pages of authorization object violations. This was all completed before they were introduced to SAP's GRC Suite. Now that they have the GRC suite they are looking to upload all of their defined information into CC. They have already gone through the exercise of identifying which rules are pertinent to the way they do business and would really enjoy not having to go through all of the delivered rules to get back to their current place. I am hoping that there is a way that we can format what they have into CC-Speak so that we do not have review all of the rules (or even go through the rules area by area).

To your point about having a separate rule set aside from the delivered rule set, I'm going to keep the delivered rule set separate from the uploaded rule set (if I can get it uploaded correctly)

There must be someone out there that has had this requirement before and was able to format the input files (because there will be more than one) to make this work.

Any help....??