cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Transaction to a Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into a problem when I tried to add an extra transaction to an already existing role. After I added the transaction, it for some reason changed the authorization object into a new* value. Can anyone give me a step by step procedure on adding a transaction without effecting the authorization object. If so, we can always go back to the object to make the neccessary configurations to the new transaction correct?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear frined

If you adding any t-code object has to be created.

because role has object. if you are adding any tcode, that is one more objec

shailesh Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry If my questions seem pre-mature. I am an Inter in heavy thirst for knowledge of SAP. What exactly is a tcode. And I though that each role only has one Authorization object that can have certain values. And if objects are automatically what if there conflicts and changes any transaction in the role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode is basically a means of performing a transaction. For example, if you want to display a Sales order in R3, use the Tcode VA03.Role tells you about the activities each user can perform in an organisation. Say for instance, a Sales Rep does not want to know what the table contents but he might be interested in displaying/changing a Sales order (in this case we give access to Va02/Va03 and not SE16). Each tcode is added to the specific Role in PFCG transaction. Authorization objects are automatically assigned to each transactions within the role and the Profiles are generated while saving the authorizations. Whenever any changes to role happens say, when the user is removed from the activities, then just deleting the transaction in PFCG and regenerating the Profile should be good enough.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That makes a lot of sense now. Realistically, most companies wont have multiple departments to where a probability of each transaction has a different set of object sets correct? Let's just say figuratively that a company will need all types of different transactions with object sets. Object sets can contain limits such as viewing, creating, executing, changing, etc. Each time a transaction has different authorization objects created, we would have to create a new role correct? So if a company needs all transactions with multiple different auth objects. We would have to creat a high number of roles?

Breaking all this down.

A role has a transaction.

A transaction has an auth object.

The different type or authobjects for each transaction, the more roles.

Another question as well.

What is generation and regeneration?

When is it needed? Why is it so important?

Sorry for all the confusion and questions. I am just thirsting for knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Role has object. if you are adding any tcode, that is one more object. objects will be added auto... when you add tcodes.

Thanks,