cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling RAW data types (from SAP) in Adobe forms - Illegal Arg Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have to get data of type RAW in SAP to Adobe Forms using web dynpro java. What is the corresponding type in Web Dynpro / Adobe Forms.

I am using Adaptive RFC and when I get the model from SAP function module, the RAW type is created as Binary type in the data dictionary of Web Dynpro.

When I map the model context to controller context, the type is taken as byte[].

I tried to set the attribute for this field and I got the Illegal Argument Exception error.

I am using NWDS 7.0.9 and NW04s SP12. Pl help. I am working on this since 10 days but could get no solution.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

<b>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException</b>

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdTypeBinary.format(DdTypeBinary.java:60)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdTypeBinary.toString(DdTypeBinary.java:64)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.doFormat(DataContainer.java:1405)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.getAndFormat(DataContainer.java:1098)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.xdp.renderer.data.XfdRenderer.renderAttributes(XfdRenderer.java:370)

... 41 more

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue with the RAW data types is resolved now. I have changed the data type of the field into String in the dictionary (web dynpro).. I have changed the corresponding getters and setter functions from byte[] to string. And everything working fine now. I got the Illegal Argument exception initially because I was trying to display the binary data type fields on the adobe form or view which I am not supposed to do.

Also it is better to create separate view attributes in the context to get the values rather than mapping the model attributes directly in the form or view.

Thank you one and all.

Regards

Vasu