cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP ledger data transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup a special ledger and I will have to populate with financial data from past years and the present yrs for balances. Can anyone provide me the correct steps to populate the SPL with data from previous years and the current year and how does the balance carried forward program work.

Any clarifications will be appreciated.

thank you

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Do this in this sequence, T Code GCU1 - FI Balance, check box "Include MM" and SD" then do GCU3 - CO Data. Do GCAC to compare the 2 ledgers. Once you have finished this, do the Balance carry forward using T Code GVTR and then repeat the same process as above.

This you can find under the SPL->basic setting->Production start up

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

For a multiple year load say from 2002 to 2007do I have to do the balance carry forward after loading 2006 data and then again load the data for 2007. Please clarify.

IN other words, How does it work when loading historical data for a few of the previous years and the current year.

When you said repeat the same process above ....what does it mean.

Thank you

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You need to do the Balance carry forward after each year. You need to load the data year after year starting from 2001. complete 2001 do the carryforward to 2002 and so on. Otherwise there will be data inconsistance and it will not match with source ledger.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there a different way to upload the balances as of a specific year. I mean other than using the balance transfer program. so that we can transfer the balances as of 2006 year end and load 2007 balances

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to run this program every year and there is no short cut for this. I think depending upon the volume of data it should not take much time for populating the value from other midules in FI SL. If you are looking for short cut, may be u will land up in bigger problems. Year end carry forward program (GVTR) is also simple and should not take much time to run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer

The reason why I am asking this question is becuase the client does not want to load the data for all years since they began operation. so they just want to do this load for a few years say 2002 to 2007, even though they have been in SAP since 1996.

Does it mean I run the balance carryforward(GVTR) for the year 2001 and run the load program for the year 2002, and do GVTR for 2002 and the load program for 2003....and repeat the same process every year until 2007

Please confirm.

Thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...You need to do that...otherwise you will be getting the values flowing into each periods but balance would not have been carry forward properly to the next period. If you go to your special purpose total table and look at the field Bal C/f will show either 0 or totally different figure. There is no escape from running GVTR at the end of each period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the initial balances as of 2001 needs to be loaded right. Do i have to do this manually

If yes, what is the method.

Thank you

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many programs that start with RGUREC do the data transfer.

Look for Accounting ® Financial Accounting ® Special Purpose Ledger ® Periodic Processing ® Data Transfer

T-codes GCU* helps.