cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My spec says some field is of decimal and its length is "13,2". Even If I take field type as xsd:decimal......how can I fix it to " 13,2" length ?? If I am not wrong in XI we can't fix the length right ?? We can define only field type right ?? Plz correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

If I understand your requirement correctly, you are looking for a field which has lenght 13 and characters 2 after the decimal right.

When you create a field in the data type use category xsd:decimal and then go format list in detials and give the fraction length and the total length

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Sidharth

Award points if found helpful!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think u can give the Decimal in datatype,its better give all the data type as string,i to got same requirement we have mentioned all the decimal values as string.

First tell me what is ur senario,if u declear string and send decimal value it will process.

update the thread with ur requirement.

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you specify those parameters while creating the datatype XI doesnt guarantee you the values in that format. It is better to achieve this in mapping using formatnumber.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

define y'r field as string only. but u can control the value format using the format function.