Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my customized table, i changed one field name to another and added another new field at the end of the table.

While maintaining the table using SM30, I am getting a dump. How do I regenerate the view maintenance for my table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure you activated the transparent table prior to delete the old view maintenance and generate new one.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

15 REPLIES 15

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the old view maintenance and generate new one using transaction SE11.

Path: SE11 -> Enter database table -> Change -> Utilities (menu) -> Table maintenance generator -> Delete -> ... then create new one.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Does it delete the entries in the table also when I regenerate the view?

0 Kudos

Hi Vamsee,

You need to initially do the following steps:

Utilities --> Database Object ---> Database Utility Activate & Adjust.

Now when you do this you have two options :

1) Save Data

2) Delete data

If you select Save data , your data will not be deleted.

Now you need to re-create the table maintainance generator, as mentioned inthe above post ( Which will not delete the data ).

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Kudos

when i went to generated objects->change->new field/sec table in structure and then i selected both key field and normal field and pressed enter,

i am again getting a dump and this time it points to a screen SAPLZ....1000 could not be generated....so when I went to SE51, there it is still referring to the old field name and i am not able to see my new fields also...

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try doing the data base utility first, before changing the table maintainance generator.

0 Kudos

yes, i did.Still getting the dump.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try deleting your table maintainance genrator and then create the table maintainace from scratch.

If you have already tried this, and you are still getting the dump.. can you please send me the message that you are getting in the dump.

0 Kudos

Make sure everything that you have changed is checked off on that screen.

Rob

0 Kudos

when trying to delete the table maintenance, i get a window saying:

Maintenance mod

Entry in Table/view directory

Delete overview

Maintenance object description

Event time catalog entries

Function group

Do I have to check all the above ?

I just want to make sure that the entries in the table wont get deleted......

0 Kudos

Checking too many boxes won't affect the data in the tables; however, it could affect custom development in the table maintenance generator. like the screen.

You should change the table maintenance, not delete it.

Rob

0 Kudos

did solve the problem.....

in generate table maintenance, went to change and went to expert mode and renewed the PAI and refereshed overivew screen and it works now..

Thanks all for sharing the information. Did award the points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the table maintenance generator for this table:

Generated objects -> Change

Check off "New field/sec. table in structure"

and press enter.

Rob

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it delete the entries in the table also when I regenerate the view?

It will not delete the entries ... after that you need to adjust database table using transaction SE14 whether you want to save or delete the entries.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure you activated the transparent table prior to delete the old view maintenance and generate new one.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ... select all.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto