Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data table Updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am updating the CSKS master data table. The key fields for this table are controlling area, cost center and 'valid to' date.

I have to do data transfers:

I am sending the same cost center two times and i need to create two corresponding records in the receiver side.

First data transfer: I send cost center 'x' under controlling area 'y' and with 'valid from' date as 1850 (year) and 'valid to' date as 2007(for eg)

Second : I send the same cost center 'X' under controlling area 'y' and with 'valid from' date as 2008 and 'valid to' date as 9999 (note the dates are just the year value and are an eg only).

Now since 'valid to' date is one of the key field and both records have diff 'valid to' dates, I expected two records to be created in the receiver. The first record was sent successfully. However after second ALE, the first record was overwritten even when the key fields are different.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mridula.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep the Valid-to date same . It wont update the CSKS with different valid to dates for the same record since it is a primary key. It will update the same when they have different valid from dates.

1000 10010020 31.12.2999 01.01.2002

1000 10010020 31.12.9999 01.01.3000

Regards

Kannaiah

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep the Valid-to date same . It wont update the CSKS with different valid to dates for the same record since it is a primary key. It will update the same when they have different valid from dates.

1000 10010020 31.12.2999 01.01.2002

1000 10010020 31.12.9999 01.01.3000

Regards

Kannaiah

0 Kudos

Hi Kannaiah,

Thanks for your reply. I also have the same thought as yours. Since 'valid to' date is a primary key field; and if both the records have different values in this field, there should be no updation and two separate records should be created.

However the first record is overwritten for some reason.

Any suggestios ?

thanks

Mridula

0 Kudos

Hi All,

i found the solution myself. If you debug the ale posting process code 'cosm', ale deletes the record in the master data table depending on cost center and controlling area.. it does not allow two records with the same cost center and CA.. even though the table can support it !

thanks

Mridula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you look at the data just before you sent it (while debugging)? It sounds like you have it set up correctly, so that the two records don't overlap time-wise. Did you check the contents of the table after each set of data was sent? Make sure that you are not overwriting the first data with the second data yourself before sending it.

- April King

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am sending the records to the receiver via ALE; thus in the sender system there is no change in data. In the ALE using conversions I am changing the data record times.

I debugged the posting program COSM and I found that the cost center records are deleted based on cost center and controlling area. So my first record gets deleted.

Can anyone suggest what I should do next ?

Thanks for your help !

Mridula