cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Config from WPC SPS13 or just not Released?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On page 95 of the SP12 WPC documentation, it states:

<i>By default, the commands for creating Web content (for example, New &#8594; Article) are available in the following places:

&#9679; In the Web content browser of the page editor

&#9679; In the Site Content folder of each Web site

&#9679; In the /Web Content/Cross-Site Content folder and in all subfolders thereof

If you want to make these commands available in other folders, proceed as follows.

Procedure

1. Choose System Administration &#8594; System Configuration &#8594; Knowledge Management &#8594; Content Management &#8594; Web Page Composer &#8594; Compound Documents &#8594; Compound Resource Type.

2. Edit a content type (such as wpc_webarticle).

3. In the Allowed RIDs parameter, enter a comma-separated list of folders in which you want the command for creating items of this type to be available.

Example

/wpccontent/DepartmentA/SharedWebContent, /wpccontent/DepartmentB/SharedWebContent

The command is also available in all subfolders of the specified folders.</i>

I was told that this would be out in for SPS13, but I do not see it. Does anyone else see this configuration? Or is it somewhere else (I hope)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I think the configuration has been renamed as 'Web Content Types' - at least here you will find the configuration to define the allowed RID paths and parent/child types.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew -

Yep, I think you are correct.

And what is especially nice, some of the types already are configured so that if you have subfolders under Site Content, the commands for new content already are avaiable for those folders. They have done this by putting "*/Site Content/*" in the Allowed RIDS property.

Thanks again, and points awarded.

Answers (0)