cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-mapping based on content field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm doing a scenario with mult-imapping 1x2, based on content field I'll create message1 or message2. If the source content has both key fields (ex. A = message1 and B = message2) the scenario works well, but if only one key field comes (ex. A to create only message1), an error occurs inside the transformation step of BPM. It seams BPM is waiting for message2 ...

(note: I'm using BPM because one of these messages is an IDoc)

Anyone has faced this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

change the message occurance 0 to *** (as you need) then it won't fail for not

created message

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to go to the messages tab and change the occurances as mentioned. It might be the case that, both message1 and message2 are 1..1 in cardinality, which is causing the problem.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for the prompt answers.

I already have the occurrences with 0..1 (optional) and it doesn't work :s If I look into message mapping, I see that message1 and message2 are always 1..1 and there is no way to change it. In the messages tab you can only change the occurrence for the low level of each message1 or message2. Every time I test this mapping the header of message2 is always created even without content and that’s the problem and I don't know how to fix it...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry to bother again, but I'm still struggling with this issue and I'm wondering how is it possible that this feature wasn't considered in this kind of mapping. It seams an often requirement…

Anyone knows how to do multi-mapping based on content field? ...any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds as if you just need you mapping refreshed. Change your occurences to 0..1 and then save it (close and open if neccesary)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaghya,

It's not a refresh problem. I already have the occurrences with 0... If you look into message mapping, you will see that message1 and message2 are always 1..1 in a multi-mapping and there is no way to change it. In the messages tab you can only change the occurrence for the low level of each message1 or message2.

Every time I test this mapping the header of message2 is always created even without content and that’s the problem, I'm always generating an empty message... and I don't know how to fix or even workaround it...

Regards, Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

I am just wondering whether this can be possible without BPM and not using Multi mapping and using the XPaths (applied on the payload)in Interface determinations.

in this approach you have to create two interfaces ,but sender will be same I think.and apply Xpaths in interface determintion.

BTW,what are the systems involved in this?

just think in this way too,but not sure your exact requirement.

regards,

babu Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Yes you're right, I found the solution before I check your answer however I rewarded you with 10 points for your good understanding and effort.

Any way, the solution: 2 interfaces with standard function "createIf" to check the content field and create the node if the key field value is match; and these two interfaces combined with Receiver Determination XPath conditions.

Thank you all and points rewarded,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

nice to know that you got the solution.

regards,

Babu sri

Answers (0)