Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Inter Company Billing

Hello All,

I have a question in Intercompany billing....

I understand that based on the configuration of "Assign Organizational Units by Plants" the system determines for which sales org to create the intercompany billing document.

But I see that in the configuration one plant can be assigned to only one combination of Sales Org and Dist channel and Division.

My question is what if one plant is relevant for Intercomany billing to multiple Sales org, Dist channel and Division ?

Is it to be maintained in "Assign Organizational Units to the External Plants" ?

Appriciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
Former Member replied

Raj,

First thing, "Assign Organizational Units by Plants" is used to assign Delivering Sales area to the plant and not the Ordering sales area. Various ordering sales area might order from the same plant but the delivery sales area for the plant would be the same.

Giving an example

Plant 1000 would be assigned to the Delivering sales area 1000/01/01

Now when Ordering sales area 2000/01/01 places an order to the plant 1000, the delivery is carried out from the plant 1000. Now plant 1000 needs to bill sales area 2000/01/01. To create billing document, we need two main info..customer and delivering sales area..

- Customer comes from the intercompany customer maintained against the Ordering sales org 2000 in the config

- Delivering sales area comes from the "Assign Organizational Units by Plants" i.e 1000/01/01

When Ordering sales area 3000/01/01 places an order to the plant 1000, the customer is picked up from the intercompany customer maintained against the Ordering sales org 3000 in the config. The delivery sales area is the same 1000/01/01 which comes from the "Assign Organizational Units by Plants"

Hope it makes clear to you. Let me know if any questions.

Regards,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question