Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Variable for fiscal year question

Hello,

I have a challenging query requirement for variable entry. This report needs to be run for the last day of the fiscal year. The user may run it for any fiscal year. The request is for the user to simply enter the year at run time and for Bex to restrict the query for the last day of the year on a date field in the query results. In other words, the user enters 2006 somewhere in the variable prompt screen, from this Bex knows to populate 12/31/06 in the cancellation date field because it is the last day of the year for 2006.

The challenge is that the user is entering a value for fiscal year and wants the system to be filtered for the last day of the year for the cancellation date field.

I was thinking the best way to do this would be on the front end, but maybe someone even has a more appropriate back end solution. I am open to all suggestions.

Any ideas how to do this?

Regards,

TMS

Former Member
Former Member replied

the suggested method wont work. As the value deteremined by the exit cannot be passed to fiscalyr/period or the cancellation date

Infact u need to create a customer exit variable on cancellation date. And the input in the logic (cmod) should be the user entered fiscalyear. that warrants a user input variable on fiscalyear. And do the logic to determine the last working day, and that value willbe /should be passed back to cancellation date.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question