cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skillset required for ESOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could someone please tell me what is the Technical Skillset required to get into ESOA? I am an experienced NetWeaver Consultant with experience in XI and EP Implementations and Development Experience in core ABAP & WebDynpro Java.

I am not a core Java/WebServices person. Do I qualify to get into ESOA? What other specific skillsets do I need to acquire to get into ESOA architecting/ consulting?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Think you have all the SKILLS for ESOA except the FACT you did not mentioned about your architectural skills.

SOA is an architecture principle to build agile IT services to enable business functions Using IT.

You have to get the skills of architecture approach to address business problems using all principles, technologies, framework and products. IN ESOA SAP apply all these entities into their stream of products and address the SOA concepts into realization.

I highly recomend you to learn about architecture framework such as TOGAF, E2AF, start thiniking product independent way to build services to fullfill the business needs using a TOP down, Botton Up and Meet in the Middle tactics. Then apply the PIA to a PDA (Product Dependent Approach) then apply that to SAP's ESOA tools then you became an ESOA expert.

Please not buy all have seen in SAP practice professional's approach to be an ESOA guy. Wanna feel it, Apply for an ESOA architect role in SAP, they will insist your knowledge not only SAP tools for ESOA but great level knowledge of TOGAF, E2AF etc and skills to think outside the bunn.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit !

ESOA is basically a concept , the Process Integration 7.1 contains the functionality of ESOA , is coming up in the market soon

The main thing is ESOA is Enterpries Resorce Bundle , which you can customise as per your requirement .

To come in ESOA domain my Idea is having the knowledge of Web Services , XML , understanding of ABAP & Java is enough , as you worked on EP & XI , you can pick up the new capability in ESOA very fast ..

so welcome to ESOA world ....

Thansk

!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaji and Abhishek for your inputs!!! Will definitely work towards it!!

Cheers

Shobhit