Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding global structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table ZGKMASTER with custid and custnames fields.I need to create a global structure with a component of type custid in SE11.When I tried,strucked with the thinking of what to give in component type,I tried zgkmaster-custid (just a try).But it says component not activated.How to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi...

While Creating a structure in Se11 , the Component Type is nothing but the Data element.

So you check out the Data element assigned to the Custid field in the Table ZGKMASTER and assign the Same data element as the COMPONENT TYPE in the structure also.

<b>REWARD IF HELPFUL.</b>

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you activated your table ZGKMASTER? Also, there is a data element called CUSTID. So you can try just entering that as your component type. I hope this helps.

- April King

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your structure needs to reflect the exact structure of your table, create a structure like this:

e.g. Structurename ZGKMASTER_S

Component Component Type

.INCLUDE ZGKMASTER

That's it, the fields in your structure have exactly the same names as they have in your table.

If you want to create a structure that contains only a few fields of your table, do the following:

e.g. Structurename ZGKMASTER_S

Component Component Type

custid 'Name of data element you are using in your table for that field'

field01 'Name of data element you are using in your table for that field'

field02 'Name of data element you are using in your table for that field'

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Are you talking with regard to ABAP program?I was thinking about doing in SE11.

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi...

While Creating a structure in Se11 , the Component Type is nothing but the Data element.

So you check out the Data element assigned to the Custid field in the Table ZGKMASTER and assign the Same data element as the COMPONENT TYPE in the structure also.

<b>REWARD IF HELPFUL.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi...

In Se11 , the Component Type is so called the Data element.

so first you need to create the data element for custid by giving external domain which tell the type and size of variable or you can select built data type in the data element screen.

Goto se-11 and select " DATA TYPE"

give name as custid click on create u will get one pop-up screen in that select the radio button as data element give the description and select option 'predefined type' under elementary type and give the data type and save and activate once if you activate you can use this structure gloablly means you can use in any table while creating.

<b>Reward with points if helpful.</b>

Regards,

Vijay.