cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVC Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I want to dowload and then upload CVCs to my planning area. I downloaded the CVC (the CVCs has data in nav attribute also apart from normal characteristics).

I clicked on export button (next to export button in internal format) and clicked on local file and then clicked on unconverted file and saved it to my desktop.

I cannot upload the same text document.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Sanjiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjiv

Reading your earlier postings, it looks you want to back up CVCs. I am sure you would be doing backup of DP planning area into the Infocube anyway. IF that is the case CVCs are backed up anyway. One can always restore all CVCs through the Infocube CVCs.

You also have the option of creating new CVCs through a text file in a specified manner. Use the "Load from Worklist" option in /sapapo/mc62 and then try the option of "File" in "Load Data From"

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

You are correct. I want to back up CVCs. My question is

1. I have not created seperate Infocube CVC. How can I restore all CVCs through

the infocube CVC ?

2. I tried /sapapo/mc62 and then tried the option of "File" in "Load Data From".

but it is giving error. My question is how should I export it so that I can

import/upload it ?

Thank you

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Rethinking I think I got what you are answering to my question one.

But my question 2 is still not answered.

Thank you

Sanjiv

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you get to the point where it asks you to upload the file, there is an information button on the side "i". You can click and see how the tab delimited file should be created. One should be able to create one using xls itself and export as a tab delimited file. To get the list of CVC, use program /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_SE16 and try to export CVCs as a normal xls. Then open the file in xls and create a tab limited file while saving the xls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

As you said I exported as normal xls. Then while saving I saved it as tab delimited file. It works thank you but I encountered following problem.

1. I have a characteristic value in number and it says "Characteristic value '4934' of characteristic 4934 is not ALPHA-converted" and the CVC are not created.

2. I have data also in Nav Attribute but that does not get loaded. How to load that?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody my question is answered.

Regards

Sanjiv