Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Vertex issue after ECC 6.0 upgrade

Some time back, there was a thread about issues with Vertex after the ECC 6.0 upgrade. We have also upgraded our sandbox environment now and encountered the issue of the RFC connection no longer working for Vertex. I have a couple of questions around this.

1.) We have always used the "Start on Application Server" method to define and execute Vertex. Has anyone been able to successfully get this RFC method to work after the ECC 6.0 upgrade? If so, I would be very interested in what you had to do to make this work.

2.) From the prior Vertex thread, it appears that some customers were able to work around this issue by changing the RFC connection to a "Registered Program" type of connection. Is this type of connection stable and does it handle a large number of requests well?

I have continued to be in touch with Vertex on this issue and I do not get a good feeling that they have a handle on this. Over a month ago, they stated it was an IBM compiler problem. More recently they stated it was more of an SAP issue. Now they stated they have a version of translink that was compiled on SAP's RFC SDK version 6.40 but they are unable to test it since they do not have an ECC system.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question