Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool -> PDF -> Binary -> EMail as an attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a classical report output that I need to send as a PDF attachment in an e-mail. I am converting the spool to PDF using FM CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF. I have a bespoke e-mail framework that recognizes the data only in Binary format. And so I need to convert the PDF output given by CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF into a Binary file. I am currently downloading and uploading this back in Binary format and then using my bespoke e-mail framework. Could you guys tell me an approach other than the download/upload option to convert the PDF into a Binary format?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this code..Might be helpful.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/ABAP-Sendthespooldatatoanemail+address.

THanks

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I only wish to know how to convert the PDFspool give by the FMCONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF into a BINARY data format. This is because my email framework recognizes only BIN/XSTRING format. Could you help me with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay..Check the program RSTXPDFT4 where the function module CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF is used

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I m interested in knowing an approach where I can covert the Spool PDF into an BIN file without doing download/upload.