cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different names of Adobe forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN Community,

What is the difference between ISR forms, Interactive forms, Adobe forms and HR forms.

My understanding is all the forms(interactive, HR etc) are Adobe forms and Adobe forms is a collective term. Interactive forms are one which the user would fill some data and send it back to server for processing. Also, I hear 2 other terms ActiveX and Native forms.

From a developer point of view how these forms are different.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In all cases it's a dynamic PDF document which can as an input screen. With ISR there's an HR process/workflow behind.

ActiveX and native are technologies used by the form to interact with the underlying application. With ActiveX there's a control to install on clients' PCs. At design time, it's a property of the form that you need to specify.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

Thanks for your clarification. If we can achieve everything using native, why do we have to go for ActiveX. Is it that native being supported with only 2004s the ActiveX is still existing or do you see any other reason.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ZCI (Zero Client Installation = native) forms are supported as from 2004s SPS11.

Rgds,

Francois

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

If you can choose between ACF or Native, i should go for the native version, because then the forms will also work in Firefox and not only IE.

Regards,

Maarten.

Answers (0)