cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, I dont want the quantity updating in my material type. I remove the Quantity update check in OMS2 the configuration for material type. But I am getting this error when I do GR.

Message number: M7158

Enter sales value - as a warning message

Sales value for material 99 could not be found - as an error message

Diagnosis says this:

The sales price valuation is active in the valuation area.

The system could not determine a sales price on the specified posting date for material 99 in unit of entry in plant .

Sales price conditions may not be defined for the material in plant .

When I check the quantity update in material type I am not getting this error.

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member514355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srix,

you mean to say that always you dont want to update qty.

If so, copy the matl type Non-stock(NLAG) and create your own.

Then do the MIGO.

Check and reply. If it is not working give a feed back.

Regards

Viru

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what Viru is saying is right. Just create NLAG material and do a GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. I have explained to the people that this is not logical and told them I can use a diffrernt cost center and laid out the options for them ...I have to wait and see now ...I have tried using Nlag materials and it works that way but that is not how things are here ....so Thank you ....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. I have explained to the people that this is not logical and told them I can use a diffrernt cost center and laid out the options for them ...I have to wait and see now ...I have tried using Nlag materials and it works that way but that is not how things are here ....so Thank you ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

are you making GR with reference to sales order PO?

If you want to bring stock into Inventory, you need to flag quantity updating in OMS2.

also please check if sales prices for the valuation area is active in table T001K for your plant.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

No the sales price valuation is not active for my plant...what does this indicator signify.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello srinivas, I am making this GR with refrence to a standard PO ....what is sales order PO ...I am new to sap to please explain ...

Thanks ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you make GR for standard PO, if material need to come to stock, you have to maintain quantity updating.

some time because of some sales orders requirement, PO can be generated those are called sales order Po's

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Is there anyway to do it like a service ...a service does not need a Quantity update right ....The material type is not always a service type, it can be any material type ....I need to talk about this, that is why i want to make sure ...the thing is SAP is working with an other ERP software here ... and SAP is kind of a reporting ...so just a GR but it should not affect the stock ....

Thanks ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create PO with Item category D (Service) amd enter short text of material and material group. You can receivce service using ML81N.

regards

Srinivas

former_member1191447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..Srix,

You can do standard PO with account assignment category as "K" - Cost Center.

The material does not come into plant stock but is issue for cost center when we make GR. HWen you put "K" in PO system will ask for cost center & you have to provide it.

Regards,

Nandan Upasani.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SRIX,

If your material is not <b>QUANTITY</b> updating how can you make Goods receipt

in inventory management?

Irrespective of error is this logically correct?

Please check

BR

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Quantity update for the valusation area .

and check the material type view , is it sales view are activated and entered some sales data. pl check it here.

logically if u are not flar quantity update for that material type and valuation area , how you can process GR .

regards

sk