cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 reprting agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I understand: No more new developments are being made for the Reporting Agent. However, what about the existing implementations? Please help us on the below queries:

1. If I we are only going with technical upgrade, and the definitions will remain as 3.x (we are on 3.1c anyway), there is no need to go to IB, till functional upgrade?

2. For the sake of regression test to pass, the existing distribution with reporting agent will keep on working (though removed from new RSA1)?

3. The settings will remain available for some time through transaction REPORTING_AGENT? This helps us again in regression test to go through.

4. If above holds true, we need not to bother about any settings change/ new IB settings till the technical upgrade, as it is the first need of the hour.

Please advice. It will save us from a lot of work at the moment. We are okay to make it a part of new development project as functional project.

Regards

Manish Madhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reporting agent is obsolete. Better to explore broadcaster.

Ravi Thothadri

S0004647611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can answer all your questions in one:

Everything regarding reporting agent will work as before the upgrade, including transactions. No need to convert everything.

Anyway, ofcourse you'll need to test the upgraded system. Code is replaced, so possible new bugs may intervent you. But hence this is normal upgrade related testing stuff.

Message was edited by:

Patrick Rieken - BI-Formance B.V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for prompt response!

Just one more query. We also use the download scheduler for the precalculated reports distribution and printing. I heard that Download Scheduler is no more supported in NW 7. Is that true? What is the way to keep it working, and getting our regression test passed.

FYI, we are upgrading 'technically' fir st, so new features of IB may come late.

Regards

Manish