cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in Time Series

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to check the data in my time series live cache in my planning area. What is the transaction to check ?

Thank you

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Alternatively, you can create an export datasource for your planning area (you can do this using transaction /n/SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR). After that you can go to transaction RSA3 and specify your datasource there, specify some selections (e.g. version = 000) and then execute it. You can then look at the output list.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Emmanuel,

Can you please give more details for this /n/SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR transaction ?

Should I replicate the data source ?

All in general I would like to know what each tabs in this transaction do ?

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I Generated backup infocube from planning area by clicking Data backup from the planning area and used LISTCUBE transaction to view the data but I could not view the data (no data was there). Only fields (headings) which were selected were seen.

I created data source thro /n/SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR and went to RSA3 and there were records not sure if they are correct.

I expected the same result through both this transaction. But it was not.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Because you will only use the datasource to check/view the time series data, you won't need to connect it to a remote cube or replicate the datasource elsewhere. (I am assuming you are only doing this for administration/debugging purposes and that end users wouldn't really be involved in the checking process.)

You can go to transaction /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR, enter the name of the planning area and datasource (the name should be 9A<your name here>) then choose Generate DataSource. You can then edit datasource properties like what fields would be included as pat of the selection, hide some fields etc.

After generating the DataSource, you can go to RSA3 and then view the data there.(note: selections for planning version is mandatory).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Emmanuel,

Thank you for your reply. I generated the data source and displayed the list and there were 3020 data records.

1. When I displayed the list the list was divided into 10 lines each of 302. Is it because we are in 10 th month of the year ?

2. Secondly when I double click one of the line in the list, the list was contained values for characteristics and keyfigures. It also contained UOM, Currency, Baseunit of measure etc. Not sure why it includes in the list ?

3. Suppose if there is a need to upload this data back to planning area can we upload this (we would have only generated the DataSource as mentioned by you and not done any replication etc ..) ?

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates ?

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Here are my answers:

For Q1: No, I don't think it's because you are in the 10th month of the year. The package size (i.e. the number of rows in each package) and the number of packets depend on a few factors: a) how much data is in your planning area b) on whether you implemented BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTRACT c) the parameters that you placed in the "data records/calls" and "display extr. calls" fields.

For Q2: It is included because key figures with units/currencies (e.g. amounts and currencies) do need UOM/BUOM/Currency information and that's why it is also part of the output. You can check what unit characteristic a certain KF uses in transaction RSD1.

For Q3: Yes, you can but you need to do more than what I mentioned before. Here are some ways to do that:

A) Generate an export datasource. If you are in SCM < 5.0, connect that to an InfoSource and then to a cube. If you are in SCM 5.0, connect that to an InfoCube using a transformation rule. You can then load data from the planning area to the InfoCube. After that, you can then use transaction /SAPAPO/RTSCUBE to load data from the cube to the PA.

B) You can opt to create a custom ABAP that reads data from the DataSource, performs some processing and then write the data to target planning area using function module /SAPAPO/TS_DM_SET or the planning book BAPI.

Hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use a remote cube to see whats in the planning area. The remote cube is just a transparent structure that behaves like a cube but helps you see whats in the plannign area using the same listcube transaction

here is some help on extraction of data from planning area

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/52/46d3fd8ca641edbe889e139bceec6a/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

you can use transaction listcube.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I used listcube but it says "The cube contains too many characteristics. Make a preselection"

Then I clicked on and it says "Select all Characteristics, Select Navigation Attribute, Select all Characteristic SIDs, Select Navigation Attribute SIDs, Select Key Figures".

Please advise.

Regards

Steve

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IN the Field for Selection, try to eliminate the SID characteristics and then run the program. You can also run it in background so that the program manages the resources well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the first screen of LISTCUBE, uncheck the box which says SIDs

In the next screen for selection of characteristics just choose the ones you want

What you select here is what will come up in the list, You might only want a few characterisitcs and Keyfigures. Adding more KF and characterisitics only makes the list very big. once you have chosen this, execute and you will be back on the first screen. Here you can set a filter. You may not want a list for all the products for example - use the selection button there to do so

Also by default you will have only a few entries coming up (200 or so) - this is in the first screen. Just remove that to get a full list

List cube is a spreadsheet like report of whats in the cube. The KF are on the rows and the Characterisitics and Time characterisitcs are in the Colums.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Can I know what SID means ?

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

SID (Surrogate index) is the system assigned internal format number to each characteristic. This is used in star schema of SAP BW system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu.

Steve

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can always backup in the Infocube and check the data. Live cache data does not reside in permanent tables that you can view. Planning book dataview is the primary view for time series data. Not sure if this answeres your Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you but suppose if I back up in the infocube how can I see the data in the infocube ?

Thank you

Steve