cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vlaue Help for Compounded InfoObjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VC Gurus,

I'm new to VC and created a basic model using a BEx Query with variables. One of the variables happens to be Fiscal Year/Period which is compounded with Fiscal Variant (K4).

When I create a value help for Fiscal Year/Period instead of getting values like 2007001 or 0012007 I get K42007001. This passes the VC compiler test and when the model is saved and deployed I get an error during execution which says "INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sid,

when mapping or assigning the values from value help to input form, use a text function to format the fiscal yr..click on the event line feeding the input or variables port on the query, click on assigned value and select 'enter formula' for fiscal yr field.

for formatting eg 'K42007001' to '2007001'..you could use right(@fiscal yr, 7)..where @fiscal_yr is the value returned from value help and 7 being the length of the field you want to display, so the formula displays the first 7 chars from the right..chk out the other formulas avl and use the appropriate one.

prachi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha

Yes, we had a similar problem with the variable for Fiscal Year/ Period. The error that you are getting is because of an invalid format that you are passing to the variable. Usually, the variable expects a format similar to 001.2007, and what you pass would to the variables from VC would be what you see in the value help display (K42007001).

To avoid the error, check in your query analyzer the input format your variable is expecting, and like Prachi has mentioned above, format the text using right, or mid, or left and concatenate using '&' and get the correct format to pass to the variable.

You could use the same text manipulation approach in your value help too, so you can display meaningful values to the user instead of K42007001.

Hope this helps.

Manoj