cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was designing a form view. After having some input fields, i want to have a "Horizontal line" in that form. or can i have a horizontal bar in the form. (coloring that bar).

1. Is there any option for drawing lines in visual composer?

I selected all the checkboxes in the "Drawing options". [ tool - options - drawing]

But i dont know how to bring it to the "Layout board" and use it.

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

The Drawing Options in the Tools menu, I think its not for drawing lines in forms, it decides the nature of the lines(links) we connect between various components on the VC design board.

I suggest one alternative, I dont know whether its OK for your problem, save the line as an image & use it in your VC form.

Regards,

Shemim

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to get a horizontal Bar. But again the color which i gave was not appearing in the Layout board. I choose the colour and set the condition as "true".

and too i was not able to increase the height of the bar?

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

In the layout board, you are not able to see color but when you will deploy and run the model, you will be able to see fill in color.

Height can't be changed as it is actually expression box.

Moreover VC does not allow so much designing.

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx. i am able to draw lines but i would like to have thick lines or horizontal bars where i can fill with colour in a form view.

Is that possible?

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi diviya,

Alternate to drawing a line ,i would suggest to use page option,create a page,and insert two iviews ,my inserting two iviews ,u can see clear line of seperation and functionality too

Regards

Biren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Then i can suggest you second work around i.e. insert data field of type "Expression Box" in the iView. Go to the properties of expression box, select" no label" and in the style tab, add new style and in the condition, enter "true", select the background color as required eg. Red .

In the layout tab , you can increase the length of expression box to look it like horizontal bar.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks& Regards

Harsimran

*Do reward points for helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

After adding the input fields, add another field of type HTML Text and in its properties, go to html tab, simply select "U" i.e. underline option and in the text area, give blank spaces. You will be able to see horizontal line on your form view.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

• Don't forget to reward points