Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file access issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have created program that creates file in Application server (Unix Servier) using Open DataSet and Close DataSet. File is Created in the directory

/usr/app/sapudp/fi/temp perfectly.

But the issue is some users are not able to read\write the file. As per Unix team, these users does not belong to the perticular group.

By default the created files have the permissions for some Group only as shown below. But the my user does not belong to that group.

-rw-rw---- 1 user1 group1

But by default it has to be as shown below

-rw-rw-r-- 1 user1 group1

is there any way I can change this unix command in the program itself or unix guys have to change this every time the file is created.

please help me.. <b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with your Basis team, ask them to create specific id for this program so that the id will have authorization to read / write files and again and again they do not need to change access details.

ashish

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The proper way is to ask the BASIS/UNIX administrator to give access/authorization (read and write) to your user(s) to the corresponding directory.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct, your BASIS team will have to change your user rights at the OS level before this function can occur.

thanks.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

Please read this, maybe it will be usefull:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c4/3a8023505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

John.