cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxdb error -24875

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I try to install a second instance on the same database server with MAXDB Database Manager 7.6 - on Windows System.

But i cannot install the instance because i reach the following error:

"-24875 The operating system user is not a member of the database administrators group."

I´m logging on server with SIDadm and on connect to database with user Superdba (SYSDBA), but when i push next button in screen Instance Type (OLTP) i find this error.

I understand the real meaning of the message but i don´t know how to solve it rapidly.

Can someone me help? What can i do?

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

Try login with administrator and check the SIDADM rights, save and give a reboot. If your installation is in Domain check at PDC(Primary Domain Contr..).

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari.

Thank you for the answer.

I´ve not a Domain installation. I´m not so expert with user permission.

On my Windows Server 2003 i reach the Computer Management, and i find that local user SIDadm is member of many groups:

Administrator Group;

Remote Desktop Group;

SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin;

SAP_SID_LocalAdmin;

SAP_LocalAdmin;

Users.

Where can i find what can do each user at the ende (write-read-exec)?

The error shows that the OS user used is not in the Dba group.

What for a group is the database administrators group? Windows group (eventually to create) oder in MAXDB user groups?

I think DB group, and so I´ve in SQL_STUDIO seen that the select:

"select * from dba_users"

return me the result:

CONTROL

DBSERVICE

SUPERDBA

SAP_SID

MONA (?)

Here shouldn´t i see one entry for SIDADM?

I´ve also seen in the already created instance, in Database Manager:

DBM Operators :

superdba;

control.

Database Users:

DBSERVICE type = use, class = dba

SUPERDBA type = use, class = SYSdba

SAPSID type = use, class = dba

MONA type = use, class = dba

And also why should i reboot system? Can i only disconnect und dann reconnect with SIDADM user my instance to create?

Can i only with Saptool the new empty (2nd) Instance install?Or can i install directly from Maxdb?

Sorry if i ask so much...

And thank you again

Best Regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

Are you loging with old SID ADM or new SIDADM?, if you make any changes then only you need a reboot to get the changes effective.

You can make a secound instance installation but no need of going to MAX DB. I have the same setup here, we log in with different SIDADM to log in different DB's.Can you explain what are you trying to do with DB Admin?

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try only a new instance to install, manteining die parallel older.

What muss i do at the beginning?

Because i know what i should do in MAXDB (create new instance - ....), but i think that i miss something in the prepation.

Do i have to login with the new sidadm user?Is es enough?Or should i something else planen?

Sorry for the English too...a mix of what i have learned in Italien und now here in Deutschland.

Thank you again.

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alberto,

you simply shutdown the existing SAP Instance(It will relese lot of resources needed for new installation). Then log in as Administrator and start installing sap with new SID., provide all the required details .

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you, i´ve planed the shutdown the Instance for tomorrow 13.30.

And then i´ll info if it runs correctly.

Thank you for the for the moment, und thanks for the patience.

Best regards,

Alberto.

Answers (0)