cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Document Source Of Rooms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

is there a way to change the target of room documents? That means, documents of a room are on a file server and I can see these documents in the room. I don't want create links. I think there must be a possibility to define the source for room documents.

Can anybody help?

I thank you very much!

Susa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_huber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

I hope I get your question right.

You want to define where the room content is stored. Instead of storing it in the CM Repository dbmode (room_extensions) you want to store it on a file server.

1. First of all you´ll need an repository Manager that points to a file server, I would suggest to take a CM Repository Manager fsdb mode as this allows you to save additional metadata (instead of the simple fs repository manager). This is necessary because the roomid needs to be saved as metadata to all room content.

2. Via navigating to Content Administration --> Collaboration Content and than clicking at the Related Links --> Configure Extension Store you can configure a store that is pointing to your Repository created under step 1.

Dublicate the cmDocuments Store and maintain an ID and a path (in the path you reference to your repository). You have also to maintain a key for description and Key for label to get an displayname. As quick solution you can maitain here any text (delete the original text) and you would get in step 3 the technical name of the extension store in the value help.

3. You´ll need to configure a room template or a room part template where you need to create your own cm_room_extension. See also documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f2/3c9041eedda009e10000000a155106/frameset.htm.

As easy way you might copy an existing template and change only the extension that is configured for your km navigation iView (see below, section 4.a. in documentation).

In the section 4.a. of the documentation you are asked to use the Value help to choose a folder. Here you get as one option the extension store you have created under section 2.

After finishing all the described steps the folder created for your collaboration room points to a file server repository (CM repository in FSDB mode)

good luck,

anja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

yes it is possible.

Have a closer look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/184089eb3c4574e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Providing Target Folders for Room Documents

Best Regards

Frank