cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Transport Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I request you to go through this query and if you find any solution on this query revert back immediately. Thanks in Advance and awaiting for your reply.

here is my query.

The role ZSE_HR_BUDGET_PREPARER has been used here since early 2004. Last week we made a small change and tested it in the development client. (T-code UPSPL was removed and put in a separate single role.)

When I transported it to the test client (request DB1K901856), it got an code error 8 because there were a number of objects in the role that BW considered invalid. There was only one name in the list that I recognized and it was an inactive authorization object, so I deleted it and retransported (DB1K901859). This time it got transported successfully with an error code 0 so I concluded that the other objects were somehow related but hidden. Two hours later, however, the same transport had an error code 8! Looking at the log, I see all the same objects listed, except the one that I deleted.

Krishna (our basis Team lead) searched the development client for those objects and it reported that they were in another role that was not involved in the transport request. (It did not find them in ZSE_HR_BUDGET_PREPARER.) We looked at the authorization objects in that other role but couldn't find them there either.

I did some testing in the test client and the role seems to working correctly.

Questions:

1. Neither Krishna nor I have ever seen a successful transport change to unsuccessful; how can this happen?

2. Can you tell us what those strange objects are?

3. Does the transport error have any effect on the role? Can we safely transport it to production ?

for this i had send a mail to client like this.

Hello Bob,

This is the initial observation and we are trying to analyze more on this. We would soon come up with a solution for the same.

These are the authorization objects which are missing in the TOBJ table:

ZBBP_STATU

ZTESTCC

ZTESTCOCOD

ZTESTCRED

These authorization objects are created when you select "Business explorer" tab in info objects and check the "authorization relevant" option. For eg. For the info object 0BBP_STATUS when you check the "authorization relevant" option then an authorization object "ZBBP_STATU" is created. I verified these info objects and I can see that the authorization relevant option is checked for all of them, but when I check it in TOBJ table they are not available there. We are trying to find out whether we can recover them or we can see them anywhere else.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The authorization objects may be mising in the Test system.

Transporting a Role need not take the authorization objects along automatically.

Deleting an Object from a Role only deletes the association.

Your missing Z authorization objects may not have been transported to the Test system.

>>These are the authorization objects which are missing in the TOBJ table:

ZBBP_STATU

ZTESTCC

ZTESTCOCOD

ZTESTCRED

<<

Do you mean these are missing in the Test system? If so, it means these have not been transported there.

But then do a Role comparison using SUIM against TEST and QAS systems and ascertain if all these additional roles need to taken down the landscape. Somebody may have been 'Testing' as the name indicates.

Forgive me if I have made any erroneous assumptions.

Mathew.