Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file adapter - filename containing * does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing simple file-file scenario wherein my filename is something like

MATMAS05_XI20070911-150159-088.xml

there are many files having similar kind of name which are supposed to be picked

so simply I can go on writing <b>MATMAS05_XI*.xml</b> in filename

it is not working.. communication monitoring gives error <i>Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "10.25.117.237:21": java.lang.NullPointerException</i>

But when I use character '?' then it works fine - '?' placeholder for each extra character

I am on SP 20.My adapter is configured properly. FTP server working fine with '?' or simple filename. So bit confused why it is not working with *

Are there some BASIS settings which have to be in place to work it out with * ?

All your inputs are welcome !!

Thank You,

Mugdha kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kulkarni,

Go to command prompt and login to your FTP using the user name and pwd. If you are able to login then you should be able to get files from XI also else check the permissions.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this error is not related to multimple files or sending with the * char.. you can use it

see the below link

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

The error related to the server connection.. also check the ip address is correct or not you configured correctly or not..

also clarfity the correct error description ..

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

I have gone through this bog. I even tried doing according to this blog .. still it is not working

My FTP Server parameters are fine. I have all permissions to FTP folder.

When I specify simple file name, adapter picks the file.. but does not work with *

Am I supposed to do something on BASIS front?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using *.xml.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you do a simple test?

- IP is recheable?

- FTP port is open?

- Have you perrmissions to write in target?

Regards.