Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idocs and function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

Can anyone suggest <b> function modules</b> used for the following objects or idoc types (If not atleast provide me a link where i can find them ??We are on SAP R/3 4.7.

Purchase Orders (outbound) <b>orders05</b>

Goods Receipts (outbound) <b>acc_goods_movement02</b>

Cost Centers (outbound) <b> cosmas01</b>

GL Codes (outbound) <b>glmast01</b>

Internal Orders (outbound) <b> INTERNAL_ORDER01</b>

WBS (outbound) <b>HRCC1DNWBSEL01</b>

Materials (outbound) <b>matmas05</b>

Invoices (inbound) <b>invoic02</b>

Invoices Blocked (outbbound) <b>ACC_INVOICE_PYMNTBLK01</b>

Any help will be very much appreciated

Thank you

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out the package to which these objects belong and then open that package in SE80.

Or check out the package, then the application component the package belongs to and then use se80 fro the application component to search for packages with useable fm's

regards, Rob Dielemans

7 REPLIES 7

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out the package to which these objects belong and then open that package in SE80.

Or check out the package, then the application component the package belongs to and then use se80 fro the application component to search for packages with useable fm's

regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the transaction WE57 to find out the corresponding function modules..

OR use the table EDIFCT

Thanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steve,

If you are searching for Outbound FM for those idoc types, 1st you have to get the <b>Process code</b> linked with the Message type of the Idoc types.

So go to <b>WE41(Outbound process code)</b>, then search for the message types, you will get the process codes, then double click on the process codes, you will get the appropriate FM.

e.g.Purchase order- process code:-ME10

FM:- <b>IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS</b>

Invoice- process code:- SD09

FM:- <b>IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC</b>

when <b>Inbound process code</b> you can go for <b>WE42</b> and do the similar process to find out the FM.

e.g. Material master- process code:-MATM

FM:- <b>IDOC_INPUT_MATMAS01</b>

GL master- process code:- GLMA

FM:- <b>IDOC_INPUT_GLMAST</b>

In this fashoin you can find out.

Reward points if helpful,

Best Regards,

Bhawani

Message was edited by:

BHAWANI SHANKAR MOHANTY

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve..

We can find the Inbound FMs of all these IDOC Types in Tcode WE57.

WE57- Assignment of FM to IDOC type and Message type.

For Outbound FMs you can check the Tcode WE41 that gives the Process Codes which are linked to the FMs.

REWARD IF HELPFUL

0 Kudos

Hi All

Thank you for your great answers. They are really helpful. I am mainly working on outbound idocs. and all the messages are master data. "SO I BELIVE I HAVE TO ACTIVATE CHANGE POINTERS FOR MASTER DATA . AND FOR TRANSACTIONAL DATA I HAVE TO USE FUCTION MODULE".Please correct me if iam wrong . And can any one suggest function module for goods receipt.

0 Kudos

hi,

You are correct, for outbound Master data you have to activate Change pointers.

And for Transaction data, you have to use the Function modules and you have to maintain NACE setting for medium of transaction.

Thanks,

Bhawani

0 Kudos

Hi Bahawani

I dont really know anything about NACE settings. Could you please give me some idea about it. And I know we can activate change pointers to material master gl master , My question is can we do this to internal order and wbs element. I suppose they are also master data.

Thanks in advance