cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM version 5.0.

Once a shopping cart has been fully approved and in purchasers worklist, the shopper cannot change the shopping cart.

Why is the change button not available to the shopper? During approval the shopper may change but not once the cart has been fully approved.

No follow on documents have been created.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Yes the workflow is active, they can change the sc detail prior to final approval.

Tell me, is there any place in SRM upgrade documentation etc where this is mentioned?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I fully agree with you. It does make sense as any change to the requirement would need to go through the approval workflow again.

However I rasied this question as in our previous version of SRM, the shopper could make a change in the shopping cart while it was in the purchasers worklist i.e incorrect commodity code etc and this would remove it from sourcing and retrigger the approval process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deelan

Did you have the completion workflow active then ?

This would mean that the cart could be changed until the manager had eventually approved it.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul,

But is there anywhere in SRM or SAP documentation that specifies that the change functionality is not available to the shopper once the cart is in sourcing?

Also could this not be customised in config etc to allow the shopper to change the shopping cart once it has been fully approved and gone into the purchasers worklist?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would question the process you are proposing.

As the cart has been approved, this is effectively locking the cart so that extra lines can't be added after budgetary approval.

If additional lines are required, I would suggest that the requisitioner deletes the cart prior to sourcing and then creates a new one that can be approved in its entirety.

Alternatively another cart can be created by the requisitioner and if it's for the same vendor, both carts can be combined onto the same order.

You could also use grouping so that this is done automatically overnight...

Food for thought..

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is standard SRM functionality and is correct.

Hope this will answer your query. )

Regards

- Atul