cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS only showing empty pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have installed ESS for our portal (7.0) and backend system is ECC 6.0.

when i log on with a user into the portal i can see the ESS menu. but when i go 'deeper' and want to call for example 'Employee Search' i got a EMPTY page, no error.

what can be wrong ?

reg, Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Check for the permissions for the User.

Also there might be some back end configurations missing.like the user should be created in the backend.

For more clarifications please revert.

Thanks,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anish,

when you read this thread you will see that we have discussed and checked all those things mentioned by you

best regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

@rahul

'good' to hear that you have the same issue

we still fight with the problem, we have checked everything, but still

it is not working.

please, let me know when you have found something

best regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Did you try assigning read permissions to the entire ESS folder in your portal content?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i have assigned FULL permission to the entire ESS folder, not only read permission. so that can't be the problem.

just to clear it out: i have assigned the group 'everyone' to the folder ! i think this is the right way to do it ?!?

best regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

now everything is checked............but we still have the problem.

sap says that is not a software-problem, but a configuration problem, so they don't want to give support. but my opinion is that everything is checked in configuration

any hints ?

best regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I problem got solved.

For ESS you need to deploy 3 files:

1) BPERPESS*

2) ERPESS07*

3) PCUI*

Also, check that you deploy the correct versions of the Bussiness Packages as per your EP version.

These 2 things were the problems for my ESS/MSS implementation. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Cheers,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

rahul,

i also have solved the problem yesterday.

problem was that i had the wrong version of the PCUI !!!! i installed

the 100-version, not the 600-version. Unfortunately even SAP did not

see this, i made a OSS concerning this issue. I found it myself

not its working fine

best regards, Martin

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear RJ,

I couldnt find in maketplace these files , for EHP1 NW7.31 and EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 (backend) 

Could you please help me to find in marketplace to download them ??

For ESS you need to deploy 3 files:

1) BPERPESS*

2) ERPESS07*

3) PCUI*

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, the only entry there is called

Customer exits für 'ParameterProvider'

it is in german language. that can't be the right field ???? even when i put the SAP_WebDynpro_XSS in there it does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

i think you have entered it in the wrong place. Specify 'SAP_WebDynpro_XSS' in the system alias property of the system that you created in the system administration.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

shyam, i have done this before.........

what has this to do with the iviews ? i am a little bit confused now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

All Webdynpro iviews have got a property to specify the system which it refers to. It should be there somewhere. The value that you give here should be same as that of the alias that you specified for the system in the 'System Administration'.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, but there is no such parameter in the iviews. i swear !

and also there is nothing in the documentation for ESS-installation that refers to something like 'changing the iviews'. what version do you use for portal ?

i don't get this hole thing running, and i need it tomorrow for presentation (

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you are saying that you have got a system with the alias 'SAP_WebDynpro_XSS'. But you cannot find the proprty for specifying this in the iview's property list. Is it?

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes shyam, thats exactly right ! there is no such property in the iviews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Just for a confirmation, tell me whether you have done all the following steps required:

(1) Apply via SDM the XSS components & ESS 60.2 Business Package in EP6

(2) Configure SLD

(3) Create/Maintain necessary Jco Destinations

(4) Create the system in System Administrator.

(5) Configure backend ECC 5.0 for calling BAPI's/RFC.

(6) configure Data Supplier Bridge/SLD.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, whe are talking about ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0) backend and 7.00-portal, so the right business package is 1.0 not 60.2 (its for erp 2004)

2) how can i see if SLD is correct configured ?=

6) ???? what does that mean ?

all other stuff should be okay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Ok, forget about the version. Thats ok...

Now, regarding SLD. You had said that JCO destinations have been setup properly. Have you tested them properly? Without making the SLD settings you cannot configure the JCO destinations. Goto http://<server>:50000/sld, there select 'Technical Systems'. Inside this you should have the backend ECC system. Can you find it there?

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the backend system is also created there and i have tested the JCO destinations sucessfully..........this can't be the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What is the SP number of ur ESS BP? Please check whether you have downloaded the correct sca files. FOr eg, for SP 07 the sca files required are:

SAPESS07P_9-20000512.sca

SAPPCUIGP07_0-20001215.sca.

Pls Check this also.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as mentioned earlier in this posting i have downloaded end employed

this sca's:

SAPESS10P_7-20000512.zip

PCUIGP017_0-20000568.SCA.zip

BPERP5ESS10_0-10003288.SCA

best regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I doubt whether you are using the proper files. Pls check this:

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am using the right files i think.

i think the problem has something to do with WAS - web application server. when i test the system connection for WAS in the definied system nothing happens.......no error, no info that the test went okay. nothing ! but i don't know why

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check the following

1) Correct packages and patches ( i see that u have PCUI_GP 17 ),others are on 10

2 ) Check Note 761266 - Self Services Patches

3) JCO destionations - test

4) Transaction HRUSER - assignment of SAP user id to HR master record

5) Check if necessary config is done in HR.

Also , is Employee search only showing balnk page or others like Personal information are also throwing up a blank page ?

Regards

Jayesh

Message was edited by:

Jayesh Ghodge

Message was edited by:

Jayesh Ghodge

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) WHY should i correct packages ? I have installed all the latest patches ! i don't think that it is a problem when pcui is on level 17, the others on patch-level 10 ?????

3) jco tested sucessfully

4) i have done this

5) which config in HR especially ?

still empty pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am facing the EXACT same problem. I think its got to do something from the ECC side, some configuration because, I can see the 'planned working time data' and 'benefits' data being fetched from the ECC server but all the other pages are absolutely blank.

I haven't been able to solve the problem completely yet, will keep you posted on the progress.

Cheers,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please assign read permissions to the entire ESS folder in the Portal content. Try again and if it does not work, also try restarting the Portal server once.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, there is NO "There is a property named 'System'"

i have a german language system here, but i can't anything that sounds like 'System'..........i think you are talking about a old version ? i use a 7.00 Portal here ! what is the entry above and under it ? maybe i can find it that way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

In the 'Property Category Editor' dropdown, select 'Content - WebDynpro'. There you will find it. It is the one just above the property 'Web Dynpro Definition Type'.

I think, before doing this, you just check the alias you have specified for the system. Just give 'SAP_WebDynpro_XSS' there and try again.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

yes, i have already checked this and it looks okay. what else can

be the problem ?

reg, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Have you created the system and configured the JCO connections properly?

Check this:

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i have done this shyam: but the link you have sent me is very old and is for older versions, not for the new one i think.

it also says at the end that i should change the iviews to put in the alias there.....is this necessary ?????????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Check the system alias specified in the iview's property. The same should be the alias of the system that you created.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no 'system alias' in the iview properties !!! where can i find it ? and why should i change this ??? it is a original sap-object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

There is a property named 'System' in the iview's properties.Here you have to provide the system alias name you specified for the system. Usually for ESS applications, the system alias name should be SAP_WebDynpro_XSS.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i have downloaded the following files and deployed all of them.

SAPESS10P_7-20000512.zip

PCUIGP017_0-20000568.SCA.zip

BPERP5ESS10_0-10003288.SCA

i have granted permission with group 'everyone' in the iviews.

still the same empty pages.

when i do 'preview' in the iviews i got a java-error, i post it here.........i am new

to portal and java, so i don't understand the error:

500 Internal server error

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Failed to lookup External Link for: portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.personal_information/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.at/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.fam/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.fam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please check whether you can find the ESS contents in the Webdynpro Content Administrator. Goto http://<server>:50000/webdynpro/welcome -> Content Administrator -> Deployed Content -> sap.com. Here, if you have deployed the SCAs properly, there will be contents starting with sap.com/ess. Pls check it.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Have you deployed the sca files properly?

Check this:

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Most likely, the user is missing permissions for viewing the iviews.

Please check if the user has at least End User permissions for the standard objects..

(Open object->permissions->EndUser check box).

Regards,

Kshitij.