cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SneakPreview installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install the latest Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 dowonloaded from SDN. But while installation, just after mentioning the JDK path,its giving me the error as follows:

<b>ERROR 2005-08-18 09:52:12

<html>The password you entered for user <em>shubhadip\j2eadm</em> is too short.<p>The minimum acceptable length is 8 characters.</html></b>

I havenot created any account as j2eadm neither the installer has asked me about the password. Getting stuck in this point every time.

How to solve it? Please help.

regards,

Shubhadip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u check this user in the user accounts of your system .

Also check with the password policy requirements of ur system.Its always goood to have some special characters and numbers in ur pwd .

And from this <i>shubhadip\j2eadm</i> there seems to be a domain or a system name in ur name ! check that also !

<i>Its impossible for the installer to mention abt a user with ur name as a part without being created in it ! ;)</i>

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

in the installation process the installer didnt ask me for the pasword at all. The user j2eadm is not existing. The installer is trying to create this user and thus getting this error. the term "shubhadip" is coming because my machine name is that, and the installer is not trying to create a user with the name shubhadip\j2eadm, its only trying to create user j2eadm, we can replace the term "shubhadip" with the machine name where we are trying to install it. So no problem at all from that side.

But your suggestion to check the password policy requirement sounds much more feasible. Can u please tell me how to check this policy? And if the OS requirement says that the minimum password length is 8 can I change it? Coz what I am getting is the installer is trying to create a user j2eadm with a default password admin which is of length 5, so the OS is not allowing it to do that.

help required sirs!!!

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it.. the OS password length was set to minimum 8, I have reset it to 5, now its working,

Thanks Bharathwaj for the hint.

regards,

Shubhadip