cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended notifications & placing a link to the mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have extended notifications running in our system with basically the following relevant settings:

-one message contains multiple items

-HTML message

I have configured the text of the mail to meet our requirements and it works just fine, and now I would like to enhance the text even more. I would like to include a link to the UWL to the text. So for example the text would be:

You have new work items in <u>universal worklist.</u> (where the phrase 'universal worklist' would be a link and by pressing it you could access the UWL).

How to do this? I tried to make this by using "a href" tag, but then the result was that the the mail text just included the whole "a ref" thing - it didn't create a link from it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you try from general settings in SWNCONFIG transaction? You can put your url value in INBOX_LINK_URL setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) In SWNCONFIG put the link to the UWL in INBOX_LINK_URL.

2) In SWNCONFIG you can define your own text for the link into INBOX_LINK_CAPTION

3) In SWNADMIN/CONFIG in subscription select for "Show Calling of Workflow Inbox As" HTTP Link that starts SAP GUI for HTML.

This way you should get quite nice links to your mail.

Regards,

Karri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check blogs with Extended Notification you will find your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I only found this one (btw very good) blog regarding extended notifications:

/people/saujanya.gn/blog/2006/12/19/how-to-get-work-items-your-outlook-inbox

...and it doesn't really answer my question.

It is clear for me about how to create a link for executing each individual item, but this is not required. I just wonder that how can I add a link to the custom dialog text that I have maintained with SE61.

Or is there some other way to handle this? I would also be happy to some other solution. (The only thing that I would not be happy is that I would need to include the whole long URL address of the UWL to the mail in order that users could easily access UWL through the mail.)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the only possibility is to replace the handler class. Don't ask me how, though... because I have not even gotten as far as using extended notifications (yet).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to edit the BSP template being used for the notifications, get the names off SWNCONFIG however if you are using the correct standard template it does have links to execute the workitem, link to UWL, etc., included which you see below the description.