cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing fields in OVS pop-up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to implement OVS on an input field that calls a bapi with several import parameters and a table as output. Since the bapi is "ovs-enabled", i just created a model and did data binding.

Everything's working fine except that the OVS pop-up doesn't have all the input fields, just the one where the OVS is attached to on my selection screen. The table in the OVS pop-up has complete fields though.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Leah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leah,

Do you use OVS over query or over node?

In first case it should automatically display all attributes fro *_Input RFC class, in second case it depends on attributes that you are exposing yourself to OVS via input node.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to make it clearer, i'm talking about the selection fields on the pop-up.

Valery, I did data binding on a bapi so i guess the answer to your question is over query? I expected the fields to just automatically display but it's not... here's the structure of the binding:

<name of bapi>_INPUT

- Output

---<table>

-

<table fields>

- <input parameter for Bapi>

thanks!

Leah

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info on my problem...

the table on the pop-up screen is perfect. meaning it's able to read the output structure from the bapi binding. So how come the input fields on the pop-up are not displayed? Doesn't it get it from the binding too? The only input field on my pop-up is the one that's bound to my selection screen field that has the OVS control.

Please help! thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leah,

I assume that you do something like:

WDValueServices.addOVSExtension
(
  "SomeName",
  new IWDAttributeInfo[]{ attribute },
  new Bapi_Some_Rfc_Input(), 
  NOTIFICATION_LISTENER
);

If so, then everything should work automatically. If you do it in other way, please post your code for adding OVS extension.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery/Anilkumar,

Solved the problem 😃 It wasn't the code. I wasn't binding my input fields correctly (it's a long story.. i was getting sidetracked by another problem that i didn't see the obvious!). Worked when i redid the whole thing. But i'm awarding you guys 6 points cuz you pointed me to the right direction.

Thanks!

Leah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how you are implementing this.

The following is the syntax

WDValueServices.addOVSExtension("Name",Attribs,ImputNode,OutputNode,Listener)

Here You need to pass all the attributes to "Attribs" property so that you can see the inputfields for those attributes also.

Regards, Anilkumar