cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc EOIO Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We use IDoc receiver to backend sap system and the QoS is EOIO. In case of Application Error in backend system, we want to stick the subsequent IDoc in the queue. But the problem is that from the XI perspective, once the IDoc goes to the backend system, the IDoc is regarded as being successfully delivered. So the subsequent IDoc is processed and continue to be sent to backend IDoc.

Is there anyway to set the XI message into error status in the queue in case of Application Error in backend system so that the subsequent messages wait in the queue untill the problem is solved.

Regards,

Hui

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

your answers cannot solve my problems. Any new idea?

Regards,

Hui

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you are asking for is for a acknowledgement to be sent back to XI before the next Idoc is processed.

You would have to use a BPM for this with a wait for acknowledgement from receviing system before sending the next document.

As I said in my first post, how will you process the error before sending the outstanding queue???

This can help with queues /people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will you process the error in the backend to clear and process subsequent documents??

What version is the backend?

You will have to look at serialisation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0b/2a66c9507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry

backend is ECC 6.0

Regards,

Hui

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might help u

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/28/setting-up-inbound-qrfc-queues-for-serializing-idocs-using-the-idoc-adapter

Regards,

Prateek