cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

header texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am from SAP- BW. Can anyone tell me What is the significance of the header texts?.

I can see them in the transaction VA03 and then entered the order number and then Header -> Texts.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Shalaka.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalaka,

All the Data related to Text will be stored in Tabel - STXH, Try with this.

PLEASE REWARD IF REALLY HELPFUL,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalaka,

First you have to Install the businees content data source 2LIS_11_VHDR on the R/3 side.

This is for Header Data of Sales Order.

Similarly we have the 2LIS_11_VAITM and 2LIS_11_VASCL for item data and Schedule line Data Respectively.

On the BW side you will have to select the sources system on the SOURCE SYSTEM TAB, T.Code : RSA1 and Then Replicate the Data Sources.

After that you have to create the ODS Object, Info Source, Transfer Rule and Update Rules inorder to get the sales order data from R/3 to BW.

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

What I wanted to know is How Do I represent this header texts?

There should be some technical Name given for them .Right?

For Example - We have MANDT for client, MATNR for Material Number.

Like that How can I give the technical name for these header texts so that I can include them in the datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalaka,

Text determination is used in SD for the simple reason of maintaining some extra information in the documents which is required as per business process and requirements.

Say for example if you are processing the order for a customer, and you want to maintain extra information for a customer feedback or your comments (Eg:-Credit related text etc) on that transaction then either you can maintain text object for a customer or sales document type. With this it is easy to get the record.

Some text object if required you can also maintain in the incompletion procedure with the help of an ABAPer or in the text determination itself you can define as Obligatory.

There are different levels at which you can maintain, which you can check in customizing.

The following text objects exist:

customer

central texts

accounting texts

texts concerning the contact persons

sales and distribution texts

sales document

header texts

item texts

Ex :- Header text contians, Creation Date, Change Information etc.,

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Thanks a lott for youe response.

Can u please tell me if we want to fetch the data from these header texts in BW then what should be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The text header is a structure. It contains administrative information such as:

Title of the text module

Creation data (date, time, creator)

Change information (date, time, user who made last change)

Allocated style and/or allocated form

Text format

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put here either custom text or std text.

This is a place where you can add informations on your order ( as you're in VA03 Display Order ).

For eg : number of palet, additionnal info relative to delivery or paiment, info relative to price conditions...

You'll find the same kind of text in all sap object : material, customer, sales order, PO, ...

All those text can be extract via FM READ_TEXT.

Hope this helps,

Erwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwan,

Thanks for your response.

Can u please tell me more about the Custom text and std text. Can u explain them with help of any example..

Thanks a lott..

Shalaka.