Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications in Training and Events

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

we are implementing LSO for our client. Our client has a subsidiery in France and that subsidiery is using TEM. Now the scenario is that French implementation doesnt use the notifications and it is a requirement in our LSO implementation to trigger the notifications. If we activate them then they will start triggering for the french team as well.

How can we enable notifications for our client and disable them for the TEM implementation in france. Please keep in mind that they have a central server which will host TEM with LSO.

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Regards

Waz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waz,

Which release of the LSO are you on? With LSO600, you can globally turn off correspondence and have it at the course type level only. Since France probably has their own course types (I assume they need 1610 for the Declaration 2483?), this might work. I suspect you could also change the Selection ID and create a new function module to determine the 'Learners' (e.g., everyone who doesn't have a Personnel Area = France) - this would only work with request based correspondence in LS600. I think there is a BAdI for previous releases. If you are on an earlier release, let me know and I"ll try and dig it up.

Regards,

Sharon

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon

Thanx for your detailed answer. Actually we are implementing LS 200. The best bet would be to use the BADI to stop the automated notifications. I had done it in my previous project at the course type level by programming the BadI.

Actually I was looking a solution from config side but Looks like i have to content with the ABAP solution.

thanx again for your helpful answer. If you know any solution from Config side then that will be better otherwise I will stick to the ABAP solution.

Regards

Waz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can control the sending of notification in configuration. The notification can be sent to a select group. This can be done in T77VD or in IMG -> Trg & Event Mngt> day-to-day activities->correspondence-> output control> specify user specific output control.

But please understand this is requires extensive maintenace as the users have to be grouped into user group.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

UR

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfact

I think it will work.

I will ask my functional consultant to try this out.

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waz!

Does the subsidiary use the LSO as well, or the continue working with TEM??

I dont think it makes sence using botn in the same time..

If you have a subsidiary and you give them a link to use the Learning Portal of the LSO than they dont need to use the TEM. They can have a browser window for all the activities.

In the configuration for notifications you can setup not only SAP internal mail, but Internet mail ! For this you need to reacht the Master Data of the subsidiary employees and for all the users/PersonalNR-s you have to have maintained the IT 105 (Communication) for your own taste.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Zsolt

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zsolt

Thanx for your answer. The fact is that they have different requirements and thats why they are persisting with TEM. Moreover , they are using it in French and our implementation does not have a scope to implement it in multiple languages.

One example is they do not use the notifications at all . but they are using TEM from the R/3 side, just to administer the trainings. whereas in US implementations, employees can use the portal to book themselves and get the notifications along with demand planning and sophisticated reporting needs.

Can we stop it using Authorizations?

As an ABAPer I have an idea that I have to implement a BadI that will check the personnel area if that personnel area doesnt belong to US then it will suppress the automatic triggering of notifications.