cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP-PI Scheduling of dependent requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question with regard to scheduling of dependent requirements. At my current company we produce semi finished goods and finished goods. When I create a Planned independent requirement for the finished good and run MRP, then a planned order is created for the semi-finished good as well. The problem is that the planned order for the semi finished good is scheduled at exactly the same time as the finished good. So both production are scheduled in parrallel. What I want to see is that both orders are scheduled sequential, first the semi-finished good and once this is produced, then the finished product.

Where can I make these settings?

Will reward points for useful answers,

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what settings are there img

OPU5 - What is the scheduling parameter for the combination of plant and order type(= * )

what is the scheduling type?

start in past = ?

In BOM of header material, halb material is a item

In this material item detailed view

In basic data

in MRP data

what is given in lead time off set and operation op off set?

just check this and come back with the data so that we can answer your question in a better way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure:

Scheduling parameter: Detailed scheduling: (scheduling and Generate cap. reqs are ticked on)

start in past = empty

In BOM of header material, halb material is a item

Leadtime offset: empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the scheduling type?-forward or backword?

opration lead time offset - is it empty?

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Backwards scheduling

offset is empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, then the solution is as below

When the system schedules les us FERT, as per routing let us its lead tome is 30 days for 100 EA

Same for HALB, production time is 30 days for 100 EA, as per BOM for 1 fert-1 halb is required.

Now system schedules first FERT. its requirement date(from sales order or PIR delivery date) is lets say 09.12.2007.

hence FERT should start production on 09.11.2007 so that as per scheduling it will finish on 09.12.2007. HALB should be produced by 09.11.2007, but start date as calculated by scheduling is 09.10.2007, hence system will switch over to (it is std sap behavior if past days in scheduling is empty) forward scheduling and i starts from today i.e. HALB if starts today, it will end on 09.12.2007.

Now this is the situation what I can read from the data you have given, just check and come back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

what actually happens is this:

FERT Production time is: 09-11-2007 --> 09-12-2007

HALB Production time is: 09:11-2007 --> 09-12-2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you plan HALB material seperately i.e. in HALB material you have its own PIR's and the dependent requirement from FERT will be consume this PIR in HALB material?

If it is not the case, then what is the date mentioned in the dependent requirement in MD04 of HALB material?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my late reply:

First of all, there are no PIRs for HALB materials.

In my test-case the situation is as follows:

FERT: Start: 31-12-2007 at 02:59 - End: 02-02-2008 at 24:00

HALB: Start: 31-12-2007 at 0:00 - End: 31-12-2007 at 16:36

So the date basically works, but the exact times do not match

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want system to schedule the HALB material Before order start Date FERT, then maintain "lead time offset = 1- for HALB material at BOM for FERT in CS02.

Now run the MRP and check & please comeback .

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think the lead-time offset is the solution. My clients wants the end date (and time) of the HALB order to be the start date of the FERT order. There should not be a gap or an overlap in production times...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tocode; OPU3,

Look at the Adjust scheduling contol for the order type, make it blank, i.e "Adjust basic dates, adjust dependent requirements to order start date".

Try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this field is already blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like in FERT it is backword scheduling as it starts from 24:00:00

HALB it is forward scheduling as it starts from 00:00:00

It looks like HALB and FERT are in different MRP group and in MRP group level Scheduling paranmetres are different

Just check in Matreial master MRP1 what is the MRP group for FERT and HALB same or different?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

unfortunately we're not using MRP-groups...

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the Order types are they different and if so the scheduling parameters for the both the Order types any difference is there?

Message was edited by:

Ratan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, we're using the same order type for all orders... so including HALB and FERT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong genereally scheduling works based on the requirenment date.

So could specify the requirement dates for both the FERT and HALB materials.are they same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they are on the same date...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the production order- did you run rescheduling?

Please se in the production order of HALB and FERT in the order header tab page...what is the scheduling type?

I simulatedv the data, what I found that as per planned order everything looks okay, when after production order creation when I changed the sheduling type and resheduled it..it is the same result i am getting...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both orders have scheduling type backwards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLease check your asssignments of the componenets to the corresponding operation in the Routing, may they are not assigned properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Materials have been assigned to the operation (not the phase); I've also changed the allocation to the phase. In both cases the situation does not change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many phases are there and have you manitained any relations ships to the phases?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just 1 operation and 1 phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hogewoning

Reran MRP for that material with option schduling : Lead time scheduling

Cheers

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

but this is not the answer, I did lead-time scheduling via MRP, but still the situation above persists. I think it's some kind of setting in customising, but I cannot find the location of these settings.