cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center not getting updated in BSEG table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I posted a PO with acct assignment category K and a meterial document for the same. In the PO i have give all the details of the cost center and the GL to which it need to be posted. when I checked in the financial document, the cost center given in th PO is not getting updated in the BSEG table. When i checked for the CO document and SPL created, I found the Cost center got updated in both.

Can you please advice me on why the cost center are not getting updated in the acct doc (BSEG table) when it is given in the PO.

Regards,

Vaishnavi R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BSEG there will be if you are looking at an accounting document a number of lines normally a minimum of 3 lines.

Out of these lines you will have a single line to the Vendor, 1 line to the GL (COGS account) and 1 line to the tax GL account.

If you are looking at say a Vendor invoice, you need to make sure you select the right line, and the way to do that is to make sure it refers to the GL COGS and account.

Postings to the tax account and Vendor account wont post to a Cost Center.

You can identify the Vendor posting via the Account type which will be a "K" and an "S" for the GL accounts.

Try looking in BSIS and BSAS.

Award points if this is useful.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vaishnavi R,

I am not sure what you are missing, purchase orders do not post into FI (the invoice does!). Even into Co only commitment is posted.

ec