Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport alert category and alert rule

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP BASIS 700 (NW2004S SP9). We have created alert category and alert rule in development system. We now want to transport this alert category and alert rule to test system. I have referred to sapnote 913858 but its valid till SAP BASIS 640 and we are using SAP BASIS 700.

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Mateen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating Alert Catagory, You must have created a request.

Transport that request to test system. Keep in mind that this request is customization request.

-Gouri

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Gouri. But how do I transport the alert rule which i have created for that particular alert category? I know report SXMSALERT_CONFIGTRANS is used to transport the alert rule but this transports all the rules in the dev system and I want to transport only 1 rule.

Regards,

Mateen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot transport just one rule.

It is quicker just to create it manually in the RWB once the alert category has been transported.

Cheers

Colin.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have beem transporting only the alert category through the systems. Alert rules need to be created on the test and prd systems, as per the environment names vary.

VJ

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all you 3 wonderful people, your replies did helped and I am definitely going to reward you with the points..Now I am getting alerts in my alert inbox. Can you also help me with some info on alerts?

1) What exactly happens when I check and uncheck "Suppress Multiple Alerts of this rule" checkbox while creating alert rule? I have read some documentations for it in sap help website and also in some of the forums but its still very confusing to me. Can you please give me an exact picture of it?

2) I am unable to get alert emails in my lotus notes. I compared my profile setup in XIJ and XIT using TCode SU01 and found that the PARAMETERS tab had some discrepancies. Can you please confirm if this can be the reason?

Best Regards,

Mateen.