Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Polling SAP directories

Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me with my query.

I am trying to write an ABAP program which poll a SAP directory and then process the files within this directory.

I am using FM SUBST_GET_FILE_LIST to get the files from the directory but I want to use a logical path (which I have created using the FILE transaction) to specify the location).

So I am looking for another FM which will return the actual directory from the logical path name. The documentation seems to suggest FILE_GET_NAME but I am not sure whether this works with directory paths rather than file locations.

If anyone has any suggestions or some example code of this sort of thing please let me know.

Thanks,

Ruby

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

You could try using FILE_GET_NAME_USING_PATH but pass it both the logical file ID and a dummy file name, then remove the dummy file name from the result of the function call (FILE_NAME_WITH_PATH)... e.g. send ">!dummy!<" as the file name then replace ">!dummy!<" with space after the call to the function (this assumes you have <FILENAME> at the end of your physical path in transaction FILE).

Jonathan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question