cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript in WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation where i have to create a web template and in that template i have to show different images depending on the value of the WBS_ELEMENT which im getting through filter of query and maintained a information field for that in BI-WAD version 7.0.

How can i do that can anybody please provide a guidence in that !!

I have and idea of using Javascript. But whenever i try to use function's like SAPBWGetItemProperty("Information field" or "Data Provider"), i got an error of javascript 'object.....'.

Please tell me how to use the above function and what else i can do to achieve the same ?

i have maintained a DSO for mapping between wbs_element and image names.

1 wbs_element can have multiple images.

Any help will be appreciated .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you manage the item using a hidden dropdown box, it is much easier to handle the javascript to get the value and use it. Simply hide the frame the dropdown box is in, but link it to the characteristic that you wish to use to decide which image to show, and implement a script to check the value of this box.'

Cheers,

Rusty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rusty,

I am able to get the value of WBS_ELEMENT selected somehow now, my situtation is that to show the images. where 1 WBS_ELEMENT can be linked to multiple images.

How can i achieve that through Javascript ?

Its urgent .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is sorted out by manipulating some functions in javascript.

Thanks!