cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System timeout when deleting master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm trying to "delete master data" on 0ASSET (without SIDs) but the request times out. Can anyone explain me what to do?

Regards

Kristian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0004647611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system checks trough all infocubes which values of the master data are contained in transaction data loaded into cubes. These values will then NOT be deleted. This scan in case of a large system can be quitte time consuming...

Try to run the job in background or increase your dialog workprocess timeout accordingly for the time being. This can be done via Tcode RZ11, parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time. This one can be changed during runtime. After the next system restart the current value from the profile will be used again.

Regards, Patrick Rieken.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation!

Just the last quick detail question: how do I run this as a background job?

Regards

Kristian

S0004647611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Christian,

The existence check is done in dialog, the physical deletion is then after your confirmation done in background. To get through the first phase you'll have to extend the maximun dialog runtime..

Regards, Patrick Rieken.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the master data is being used by some infocubes. Check in the infoobect where used list and see if this is being used or not.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's correct. It's actually beeing used in 9 infocubes. But I hope I don't have to delete these as well?

S0004647611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the system finds master data id's still contained in cubes, they won't be deleted. But as said already this takes time. To let the delete finish increase the timeout parameter, or run in background.

Regards, Patrick Rieken.