cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit "Filter by Properties" option in Search UI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to edit the advanced search options. I want to add a new property under the "Filter by Properties" section. Also i want to remove "Description" from filter by properties.

I have created the property, made that indexable.

My Search component set have "standarad search". Where do I add my custom property and how can i remove the existing property.

Regards

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create your own Search Options set by going to <b>System Administration > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Content Management > User Interface > (Advanced Options) Search > Search Options Set.</b>

While creating the Search Options Set, you have to choose your custom properties and uncheck the ones you dont need under "Allowed Predefined Properties" and save.

In the KM Search Iview, provide the Search Options set as the one you have created.

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

You cannot remove the "Description" property from the standard filter by properties search component. If you dont want the Description-property in your search dialogue window, you will either have to only use predefined properties (rather easy) or develop your own search component (rather complex in my opinion even though SAP states otherwise).

Kind regards,

Martin Søgaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I figured out that the standard properties are coming from SearchControl.class.

So there is no configuration through which we can change it, other than custom development.

Thanks & Regards

George