cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision level for a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to have different revision levels for a material which is in different plants. If so, could you please guide me about the configuration settings.

Points will be rewarded

Thanks and Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra nalam,

Its an information from my side,though I have never worked with this.

Using T code CC11 - Create Revision Level ,we can maintain the revision levels.

One more way of doing this is ,using MM02 T code,after going into Basic 1

view,just below the material field,you can find the creation button for revision level.

But the system asks you for a Change number,and it starts from revision level A.

<b>So I think ECM must be active for this.</b>

As per my understanding If this is been carried out in Basic data views I think it

will be client specific. and if done from MRP views,it must be plant related.

<b>

Change numbers can be created using CC01.</b>

Please check with this & revert to forums.

Regards

Mangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj

Thank you for the idea, but it didnt work. I think rev leve is client specific only.

and

Dear Mr. SK

Thank you for ur long reply. I knew how ECN and Revision level are created. My question was whether Rev level is possible for plant specific ie., if one material is available in many plants, is it possible to have revision level for that material only wrt one or two plants.

and thanks to Mr. Bala also for the answer.

Have rewarded appropriate points.

Regards

Chandra

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra Nalam,

After working as per my suggestions found,that we can not make revision levels to

materials at Plant Level and it can be made only at client level.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion and for sharing knowledge with us.

Regards

Mangal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

You can assign a revision level to a material either from an ECM # or while you are processing a material master record or BOM for the material.

Prerequisites

You can only assign a revision level to a material that has a material master record.

If you create a material with Create Immediately, the system creates a material master record immediately. In this case, the revision level can also be allocated immediately.

If you create a material with Create Schedule, the system first creates a document (and no material master record). In this case, the revision level cannot be assigned yet. The material master record is not created until you activate the scheduled material, and then a revision level can also be assigned.

Procedure

From the Engineering Change Management menu, choose the Revision level option. The following options are available: create, change, and display material revision level.

To create a revision level for a material:

Choose Logistics >>Central functions>>ECM>> Revision Level >> Create. (CC11)

In the initial screen

Enter the material that you want to assign a revision level to and select .

You see the Create Revision Level: Detail.

Enter the change number that you want to assign a revision level to.

The possible entries in the Revision level field depend on your company-specific settings (Customizing for Engineering change management under Set up control data).

If internal number assignment is defined for revision levels, do not make an entry in the Revision level field. Confirm your entry. The system assigns the next available revision level from the defined number sequence. You can overwrite this default value with another value. However, the revision level you enter must be defined in the sequence and must not have been assigned to the material so far.

If external number assignment is defined for revision levels, the system still assigns the next available revision level from the defined number sequence. You can overwrite this default value with another value. However, the revision level you enter need not be defined in the sequence.

You can define the settings in Customizing such that a higher revision level must be assigned for both external and internal number assignment.

A message appears telling you which revision level has been assigned to the material.

Save the revision level for your material.

When assigning the revision level from the processing functions for the material master or the bill of material, you find the functions for maintaining the revision level under the menu option Extras.

Hope this helps

BR

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

create change number in CC01 then assign object in that like this change number is active for material or/and BOM or/and Routing or/and documents

once you create you can assign material in respective views or gotot CC11 assign

rev. level is client level so not possible

Cheers

Bala