cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME Data sources can cause the authorization problems in portal ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the SAP Help we can set up 3 type of data sources to portal.

1. User management of the AS ABAP

2. Data Base of the AS JAVA

3. Directory service ( LDAP ).

What are all the advantges and disadvantages of each type ?

Because I am using AS ABAP as Datasource. I had faced the problem while creating the users from portal Identity mangement.it had shown the error like

<b>An error occured during persistency.please contact your system administrator</b>. T

Then some one on forums told that it was the problem with UME data source.So for the time sake i had created the users from WAS.

Right now i am facing the problem with user authorisation in WEBGUI.

Every thing is working fine with my WINGUI. and all connection tests are also succesfull.and ITS services are also succesfully activated.

when i changed SAPGUI from WINGUI to WEBGUI in transactional Iview it showing the SAP WAS screen to enter credentials. after filling the valid credentials it showing the error like

<b>Client, name, or password is not correct; log on again</b>

I thought it may be the problem with the ABAP datasource.

Your valuable ideas and experiences and expert comments are most welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

For Webgui u need to Publish IAC services in the backend system.

Goto SE80--give Internet services in drop down box - give System (below)- right click system Publish complete service

internet services-- webgui -- right click webgui -- publish complete service.

And also for logon problems pls look into SAP Note 698329

Troubleshooting help

-

Consider that the SAPGUI for HTML is only available and executable as of SAP_BASIS Support Package 3 or higher. First, check whether this Support Package is imported.

If the HTTP logon on the WebAs fails, first exclude the most obvious error causes:

1) Check the host name and port (note: 692791)

2) Check whether there is a general problem or whether the problem only affects the integrated ITS.

Start the simple service echo:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/echo?

==> if errors occur here, the problem is a general one.

There is no point starting the SAP GUI for Windows service if these general problems persist.

3) If the service echo is working, you can log onto the Webgui/IAC service. Test the SAP GUI for HTML service

with:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

If any problems occur, first check the settings in transaction SICF for webgui/iac and mimes service:

- Is the WEBGUI/IAC service activated in Transaction SICF? (/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui)

- Is the mimes service activated in Tranasction SICF? (/sap/public/bc/its/mimes)

- Check that the GUI connection with 'Y' is specified in the WEBGUI settings (/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui).

- Check that the GUI connection with ' ' is specified in the MIMES settings (/sap/public/bc/its/mimes)

- Check whether there is a memory problem (make sure you have adjusted the parameter em/global_area_MB as described in note 742048)

- Publish the Internet Services SYSTEM and WEBGUI with transaction se80 on the SITE INTERNAL.

- If modifications were made to the service, then reset the modifications.

- Check the system log (transaction sm21) for error entries: ITS, .....

4) If you can view the IAC/Webgui logon screen in the browser, but are still unable to log on with SS02 despite a valid Client/User/Password, use transaction RZ11 to check whether the host name including the domain is specified in the kernel parameters SAPLOCALHOSTFULL and icm/host_name_full. If this is not the case, add the domain. Make sure that the domain is specified in your Url for starting the service. For example:

http://<host>.<domain>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/it00

Hope this will solve ur problem.

Regards

Krishna.

Message was edited by:

Krishna Kishore Reddy Kondu