cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter didn't read the whole file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

we use the file adapter since 1 year and in the majority of cases it works fine. But sometimes the file adapter didn't read the whole file. In SAP we are missing some parts. Funnily enough in this cases he archive the whole file and not only the executed parts . Know anybody whats the reason of this effect and how we can solve it?

Kind regards Johann M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THX for all the replys.I think it could be possible write-read-move-write

Regards Johann

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johann,

At advanced mode of CC put a value for "Msces to Wait Before Modification Check". This will avoid reading uncomplete messages.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The incomplete file probably was not written completely before it was picked up by the file adapter.

Cheers

colin.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

yes, that s what i think.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johann,

There will be limitation for XI to load upto X MB of data.

Strictly speaking all EAI have some limitation. To solve this kind of problem the best way is to write a job at sender side to split the file into parts which reduce the pressure on the XI ends.

As you know XI itself has lots of jobs to be performed. In order to have a smooth, fast and accurate output from XI. we need to understand the limitation and follow the guidelines proposed by XI.

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

the partial readed files are not larger than other files. In the last case the file was lesser than the average.

Regards Johann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you replicate this error?

If so, extend the trace file to check to see what is going on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

we have no error but XI handle only parts of the file without error. After few days later we note the error when soemthing is missing.

Regrds Johann M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johann

I think you miss understood me/I didn;t explain myself very well....

If you take the file that doesn't work/process correctly, can you replicate the issue where the whole file is not copied across.

If you can, you should be able to extend the FTP/File adapter trace file to find the cause if this issue.

Log onto Visual Admin.

 Services

 Log Configurator

 Locations

 Choose the location (Java package) and the tracing level (severity)

(for example, com.sap.aii.adapter.file)

 Root Location > com > sap > aii > File

 Set the severity and choose Copy Severity to Subtree

Run interface and then check the trace file - remember to switch this back to Error...