Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK and Alert Management

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Running ECS SRM 5.0

I want to set up functionality that will tell the user when a contract is about to expire and that is more or less it.

However it seems like I have to set up Alert Management to be able to do this. To me that seems to be a bit overkill and I am really stuggeling to work through all the documentation around AM and find what is relevant and not.

I this really needed or is there a quicker way to meet my requirement ie with the BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK report?

rgds

GAR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u><b>Please go through this -></b></u>

Report BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK ( To Check purchasing contract data ) ->

You can use this report independently of BI to check purchasing contracts. You might want to identify those contracts whose validity is about to end, those for which release quantity is approaching target quantity, or those for which release value is approaching target value, for example. It might be required in SRM Alert Management to trigger events for alerts and messages for contracts.

<b><u>In SRM50, BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK works along with SRM alert management functionality for few alerts. You need to configure alert schema/events etc and assign alert schema to your contract transaction type. Worst case scenario, you may want to influence the URL from smartform BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION itself !!</u></b>

<b>SRM Alerts</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/42/c879d8d9cc6bb5e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

<b>SRM Alert management</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/42/c8aaddd9cc6bb3e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

<u>Related link -></u>

<b>Related SAP OSS Notes -></b>

Note 916115 ACTRPURGR: Only one purchaser is found

Note 675923 Minor performance increase for search modules

Note 649082 Contract: Correction of report BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK

Note 575654 Additional documentation for SAP Enterprise Buyer 3.5

<u>Hope this will help.</u>

Regards

- Atul

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Atul, problem was that I had maintained a value in the "event deadline" field in the event schema. This made the workflow not start imideately.

When I removed this, it worked fine

rgds

GAR

Answers (0)