cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free samples with billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP guru's

I have done the customizing for free samples - i am able to do both sales order and delivery - i am not able to do the billing - as there is excise duty involved in the material sold,

kindly some one help me. i tried and search the forum - i am not able to find the answer.

Regards,

Reshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reshmi this is the configuration steps you need:

1) create a new item category copying TAN and set the pricing relevance to B (free goods)

2) create a pricing procedure like this:

11 0 PR00 Price

100 0 Gross

915 0 MWST VAT

920 0 Total

925 0 R100 Discount 100% 100

926 0 Grand Total

In this way you will be able to calculate the VAT only on the gross value and then post only the VAT amount to bill to the customer.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use document type Delivery free of Charge document and use item category type KLN and edit as relevant for billing.

Maintain the copy controls sales type document and delivery type and delivery type to Billing document F2 type. Assign delivery type to billing type in cin configuration.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshmi

Can you please tell me what exactly the error message says. Also let me know whether you want the excise duty amount to be accounted or not. Strictly speaking, it should be accounted and an accounting document should be generated for the billing you create.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I am getting an error saying that this item is not relevant for billing- i need the taxes to be accounted - here the item category taken is tann.

Kindly help

regards,

Reshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshmi,

Have you made the item category ' relevant for billing'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Beena,

I have created the item category with Tann and tan - but kindly tell me how to do this for billing relevant document.

regards,

Reshmi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshmi

Goto SPRO --> SD --> Basic Functions --> Free Goods --> Control Free Goods for Pricing.

Here select <b>Control Pricing for Free Goods Item Category</b> and then your item category, say <b>TANN</b> and select a tick mark in "<b>Pricing</b>".

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reshmi,

Basic Functions > Free Goods > Control Free Goods for Pricingi-TANN-Tick pricing & save..

Try again creating SO...

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tick is there in Pricing and i am creating a Free sample sales and not free goods, and when i create a order i have for example Zfc as my tann copied item category - it is not picked up in the sales order. it picks up TAN as standard.The error message shown is

Item category ZFc is not defined for the item

Kindly help

regards,

Reshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the configuration to see whether you have made the correct item category assignment for order type/ item category group.

Assigned the item category group to material master.

For billing relevance go to spro-> sales and distribution->sales documet-> sales document item-> define item categories.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshmi

In SPRO, goto SD --> Sales --> Sales Documents --> Sales Document Item.

Here select "<b>Assign Item Categories</b>", your order type and Item Category Group. From your comments, I could understand that in the 5th tab from left "<b>Default Item Category</b>" TAN is assigned. Instead of that, assign ZFC in this tab and save.

I am sure, now you will not face this problem.

Reward please if this helps you.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi