cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Integration: unable to create snapshot templates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I followed all the steps mentioned in note 861055

"You can easily repeat the step of template creation after running the server installation:

1. Start the Addon Outlook Integration from Business one.

2. Choose/Administration/Outlook Integration/Define Snapshot Templates

3. Select "Create Default Templates" from the "Goto" menu. This will repeat the procedure that could not be started because of the missing layout files."

But when I choose "Create Default Templates" nothing happens...

I'm using SBO 2005A SP01 PL31 and Outlook Integration PL60.

Also, what's the difference between the OIStandAlone and the OutlookIntegration files?

Best Regards,

Vítor

Message was edited by:

Vitor Vieira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This issue is really interesting, I really desperate to install it. I read the note and find out that server installation must be run before initialisation of addon in the client workstation. Initialisation means addon registration. I just think the template will be created in the client workstation if the server installation has run. Both must be run. But here the explanation I've got from pdf file :

Template Layout Files for Microsoft Outlook Integration Snapshots

The SAP Business One Add-On Server Installer copies the template layout files for snapshots in the following subfolder in <B1DIR>: B1_SHR\AddOn\Microsoft Outlook Integration\Templates\Default. However, if the SAP Business One 2005 SP01 application is not a new installation but an upgrade, the name of the subfolder is the same as for SAP Business One 2004.

In the Default folder, there are language-specific folders for all templates. After you complete the registration of the Microsoft Outlook add-on on your server and begin the initialization in a company database from a client, the add-on creates default templates for the current language of the company to which you are logged on. These default layout files are also stored in <B1DIR> in the following subfolder: B1_SHR\AddOn\Microsoft Outlook Integration\Templates\<name of company database>\Default. When you later use the add-on to create additional default templates (by using the Create Default Templates function of the add-on), your default templates are also stored in: B1_SHR\AddOn\Microsoft Outlook Integration\Templates\<name of company database>\Default.

However, if the application is unable to locate this folder or the folder cannot be created, a selection window will allow you to select a different location. This path will be stored in the company settings of the Microsoft Outlook Integration add-on and can be changed by you. The default layout files for the company are copied to the Default subfolder of the folder you select.

The OIStandalone is a standalone installer for the Microsoft Outlook Integration add-on. This tool allows you to install the add-on without having to install the SAP Business One client on your PC. The alternative installer is appropriate for scenarios in which the SAP Business One client is not installed on the same PC as Microsoft Outlook. An example of such a scenario is the use of the Terminal Server for SAP Business One.

If you have tried, let me know the result.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jimmy,

No, didn't work.

I've tried to remove the Add-on Server and the OI add-on. Deleting the AddOnsLocalRegistration.sbo and installing everything again.

I've tried coping the Default folder to the Default folder and still doesn't work...

All I can try now is formatting my computer and start over!!

Best Regards,

Vítor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

In the folder " SAP Business One Add-On 2005 SP01" you will get "ServerInstaller" install this, it will create the default template in the respective location.then you start your outlook addon in SAP and you will get the screen to create default template for snapshot, now you press the button create template. it will create this time.

i too face the same problem and it was solved.

kindly install the server installer.

regards

sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

I installed the Add-on Server before registering the Outlook Integration Add-On.

I've already uninstalled the Add-On Server and the Outlook Integration Add-On, reinstalled both and still it doesn't work.

Next weekend I'm going to uninstall everything connected to SAP, clean all the directories, clean the registry and then I'm going to install everything from scratch!

I think I may have a "contaminated" installation due to all the upgrades and from trying different versions.

I'll let you know what happens.

Meanwhile, I'm still open to suggestions.

Best Regards,

Vítor

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wish you have successfully installed the outlook integration addon :).

Just to share with you that I have succeeded to install the addon. The first step is to install server installer (it is included in the product CD) in the server, this is used for creating template. Then I register and install the addon in SAP B1 in client workstation but for the client workstation that has no SAP B1 client, I use OI stand alone. When running outlook addon at first time, you must define the locations of the template, e.g. C:\program files\SAP\SAP BUsiness One\B1_SHR...

I even can create quotation from microsoft outlook since successful installation will create new menu in the microsoft outlook namedSAP Business One. I also can synchronize SAP B1 to Microsoft outlook and vice versa. It is nice to have the outlook integration.

Have a nice try..:)

Rgds,

JM

- shahak-

Answers (0)