Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a custom table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am creating a custom table in 4.6c. In the custom table the check table column is grayed out. i want to enter a table name in the check table column.

How do i do this?

Thanks and regards,

Frank.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

You can't enter the table name here.

check table : mainly used for referential integrity purpose in foreign key relationship.it contains all the primary key values of field [primary key] of a data base table.

value table: contains a list of values . value table can be attached to a domain of a table filed by which user can select any one of existing values from that value table.

Check Table

The Check Table is the table used by system to check if a data exist or not exist.

While creating a table if you want to be sure that a field can have some values

and these are in a certain table, you can give IT this table as CHECK TABLE.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Place the cursor on the field which you want to add check table in the field menu. Above the table field name row there will be button with key symbol. Click that one it will show if there is any default check table or else you can add your check table to that field.

thanks,

Muthu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, you would attach the check table via a foriegn key. Once you do that, the check table is filled in.

Highlight your field, and click the icon with the key in it. System will propose the check table, say yes, that's it.

Regards

Vasu